This paper looks at two nations that developed economically according to very different paradigms from 1960 through the 21st century, and extracts lessons for developing countries looking for strategies for economic development. This paper was part of the SAIS I-Dev Final Integrating Seminar.
Download the paper in PDF format here.
- Specific Policies
- Policies in the Four Aspects
- Policies that Link the National and Local Levels
- Compatibility of policies with each other
- Import Substitution Industrialization 35
- Agricultural Expansion and Income Redistribution
- Crony Capitalism
- Investment in Education and Social Programs
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Population Control Through Family Planning
- To what degree did the policies fit known development models?
- Which model offers the most hope for development?
The author does not allow comments to this entry