Next: Introduction: Why a Text
This document is published under
the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 license.1 Please send
comments, criticisms, and corrections to me at the email address found
at my website. Enjoy this guide; I enjoyed creating it.
- 31 March 2011: Added Typing Special Characters, clarified keybindings, minor edits.
- 25 December 2010: Major rewrite and reorganization, much more
concise. Also improved readability, updated information to
reflect improvements made in emacs versions 22 and 23, added transposition and and case changing.
- 4 July 2007: Added info on changing colors and font display
- 6 October 2006: Added licensing information and this version
history. Over 2000 people have downloaded this guide!
- 2 March 2006: second update incorporating comments
- 1 January 2005: Original version, courtesy of a cold spell in